Die casting is a manufacturing process in which molten metal is poured or forced into steel molds. The molds—also known as tools or dies—are created using steel and are specially designed for each project. This allows each component to be created with accuracy and repeatability. Aluminum, zinc, and magnesium are the most commonly used die casting alloys.
Die Casting Advantages
Die casting can have significant advantages over other manufacturing processes, which often lead to major cost savings, not only in the part price itself but also in the overall cost of production. When you cast a part, you can create complex net shapes, including external threads and complex internal features with minimal draft angles—minimizing secondary operations. You can also combine multiple parts into a single part, eliminating assembly operations and lowering labor costs, with the added benefits of simplified stock control and greater component consistency.
Other benefits include:
- Variable wall thicknesses
- Tighter tolerances
- Fewer steps from raw material to finished part
- Fast production cycle times
- Reduction in material scrap
- Long tool life, especially for zinc and magnesium
Die Casting Alloys
Zinc, aluminum, and magnesium are the three main die casting alloys. They are normally non-ferrous and their mechanical properties vary greatly to fit almost every type of application a manufacturer may need. Not only can die cast alloys withstand high operating temperatures, but they are also fully recyclable. Die cast alloys also have:
- Good corrosion resistance
- High strength and hardness
- High thermal conductivity
- High electrical conductivity
- Outstanding EMI/RFI shielding properties
- Good finishing characteristics
Separately, each die cast alloy offers a variety of benefits that the other may not offer. That is one of the great things about die casting, you do not have to be limited when it comes to choosing the right metal.
Die Cast Process
There isn’t one single process that can suit every project. Each project is different which is why Dynacast offers multiple solutions for all die casting needs. This ensures the right process is always used for the right application. At Dynacast, we offer three different types of die casting processes.
Used for zinc, some magnesium alloys, and other low-melting, hot-chamber die casting is a great option for alloys that do not readily attack and erode metal pots, cylinders, and plungers.
Better suited for metals with high melting points such as aluminum, during cold-chamber die casting, metal is liquefied and then ladled into a cold chamber where a hydraulically operated plunger pushes the metal into the die.
Injected Metal Assembly
Over the past 50 years, we have developed and refined our innovative; one-step manufacturing solution, Injected Metal Assembly. IMA outperforms most adhesives used for small component joining and assembly production and reduces manufacturing costs.
Benefits of Multi-Slide Tooling
Our proprietary multi-slide tooling technology offers a number of unique advantages, including:
- Net shape first time
- Eliminates secondary operations like assembly and machining
- Complex geometry and tight tolerances at higher speeds
- Minimum part-to-part variation compared to conventional multi-cavity dies
- Compact tooling that is less prone to parting-line variation and its negative eﬀect on the ﬁnished part’s dimensional tolerances
Benefits of Conventional Tooling
Conventional die cast tooling is designed with single or multiple cavities. The tool is designed to be efficient and cut down on secondary operations which help lower costs. Other benefits of conventional die cast tooling, include:
- Dies that are designed to efficiently manage high volume production
- Net shape die casting, with design focused to avoid secondary operations
- Steel braced dies to aid in the longevity of the tool
- Efficient production with properly planned cooling and water lines
Global Die Castings
Dynacast is a global manufacturer of both conventional and multi-slide die cast precision components. Our engineers offer design solutions for a variety of industries including consumer electronics, automotive, healthcare, and more. When our engineers are involved early in the project, they can help design a tool and part specifically for mass production. All of our customers receive insight and expertise throughout all stages of the project. 波多野结衣BT在线观看 波多野结衣BT无删减 琪琪看片网,2019精品国产品对白在线18年在线观看 2019精品国产品 ,WYT COM在线观看 WYT COM无删减 琪琪看片网Contact our engineering teamtorequest a quotetoday.